Energy is a widely reported on topic New England. State energy policies, new generation development projects, transmission development, including Green Line, receive considerable attention in the public media, as well as in industry trade publications. Articles reported in the New England media that are relevant to Green Line, renewable energy development, and transmission in the region are carried here.
- Press Release: State of Maine – Office of Governor LePage (January 23, 2014), “New England Governors Ask for Infrastructure to Deliver More Electricity, More Natural Gas – More capacity will lower electric bills, attract businesses.”
- Press Release: Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (January 23, 2014), “Patrick Administration Announces Progress in Regional Infrastructure Initiative.”
- Editorial: Bangor Daily News (November 25, 2013), “When give-and-take is mostly gain: Maine and New England’s energy future.”
- News Report: Matthew Stone of the Bangor Daily News (November 22, 2013) reports on evolving regional cooperation on energy policy. “Maine wind, Canadian hydro, natural gas: Are the stars aligning for a bright future in New England?”
- News Reports: Portland Press Herald staff writer Tux Terkel on May 13, 2012 offers two articles on the continued need for more transmission in Maine to move alternative energy, despite Central Maine Power’s Maine Power Reliability Project. “For alternative energy producers, is it worth plugging in?” (PDF) and “CMP, Producers at Odds Over New System”.
- “Renewable Anxiety”, Bruce Mohl, CommonWealth Magazine – Back Story, April 6, 2012